Beginner Triathlon Equipment List

My Equipment List
I will keep this list short right now because I know I will probably be adding or subtracting from the latter. Since I have not competed in my first Triathlon, I have only done research on the Internet to see what's recommended for us beginners.

Of course, you must have a cycle. For now I have a really nice mountain bike which I have converted into a road bicycle. I have put on some very narrow road tires, I've have installed some nice aero bars, and I put some clips on my pedals. I plan to remove my front suspension fork and put on a more rigid fork. It is a light bike and so far it has allowed me to train pretty quickly. After this triathlon I will start training for an Olympic Triathlon, so I will go for a nice road bike to ride.

For swimming, I have a pair of wetsuit shorts and it's pretty much it. When I come out of the water I have a nice dri-fit riding shirt which is SLEEVELESS and has a zipper down the front. The zipper was created to zip down to the middle of the shirt so when I go to put it on, there is much room for my head and shoulders to pass through quickly. This shirt works perfectly even when I'm wet.

For the transition from water to my bike, I will buy a unique balloon so that when I start looking for my bike it will stand out from all the rest. I do not know what the balloon will be even. I am thinking maybe a super hero balloon or something.

I put a towel on the ground under my bike with a small bucket of water. I use this bucket to step my feet in, one by one, to get rid of any dirt or sand. I have another towel draped over my bike to dry my feet. My helmet is hanging on my steering handles and I have a pair of sunglasses hanging on my frame from off of my brake cables.

For my first Triathlon, I will use a good pair of running shoes for the ride and run. But I will not use socks. It takes me long to get my socks on, so I just slip shoes on when I have dried my feet off.

I have a water bottle on my bike and have some energy packages taped to my bike frame with black electrical tape, so I can just scale them away (which opens them also, nice!), I then inject them into my mouth.

Triathlon Equipment List-beginners

This is just what I have so far, and it may be the only items I need. I will add a running belt with more energy stuff, but I have not bought one of them yet. If you want to read about my sprint Triathlon training schedule for beginners, you are more than welcome. Check back regularly for updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment